Thursday, November 2, 2017

Drop That Halloween Candy at Jesus’ Feet

I am humbled to approach this Sharing Glory writing session because I haven’t had a very successful month since my last blog. In fact, at a very recent doctor’s appointment I was up several pounds from just a week before. So I come before you unworthy of offering much encouragement. Except that I’m right there with you struggling.

So what is there to do but to begin again – Today. As Sharon encouraged us to choose God as our second partner in this challenge of eating healthy, I am reaching out to God AGAIN to stand beside me and walk with me in this battle. I so wish He would bind my hands and feet to keep me from the temptations in the kitchen but I know I must do my part.


I will walk among you and be your God, and you will be my people. I am the Lord your God…I broke the bars of your yoke and enabled you to walk with heads held high,” (Leviticus 26:12-13 NIV).

Right now my head is bowed in guilt and self-hatred when I look in the mirror. But that only makes me want to go binge on something sweet. I know that is the wrong path to choose. My weight loss journey is a matter of perseverance. I must keep trying and accept the power of God to overthrow my cravings. I must choose one carrot over the piece of Halloween candy, one apple instead of one bowl of ice cream.

I know God walks with me through this challenge and He removes the chains the devil binds me with. I must not allow Satan to control me in temptations or in my mindless overeating sessions. I must drop my burdens (and sinful treats) at Jesus’ feet and walk away with my head held high.

Remember: At the end of the day God still loves us! Claim that as your truth for today.


Gloria Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment