Thursday, January 4, 2018

New Year, New Grace

The new year gives us a fresh, empty page on which to write our story. That’s why so many people enroll in exercise classes, buy memberships to gyms, and start new diets in January. They are filled with fresh goals and hope.

But, here I am on January 4 and I’ve done none of the good things above. I feel tired and fat and unhappy.

Last time in Sharing Glory Sharon encouraged us to be the best ‘me’ I can be. I am failing.

So I bow down in humility and remember that God loves me, even when my eating behavior must make Him shake His head. He loves me anyway, just as I am. When I really think about that, I’m amazed. Then I’m saddened by my weak nature, my lack of control and resistance.

And I pray, “Lord, Help me change. Show me how to conquer this addiction to food. Guide me to a better pathway where I can find success in this area of my life in 2018 and beyond. Amen.”

May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who loved us and by his grace gave us eternal encouragement and good hope, encourage your hearts and strengthen you in every good deed and word,” (2 Thessalonians 2:16-17 NIV).

We can do this - with God’s grace!
Gloria D. Stewart


No comments:

Post a Comment