Thursday, February 1, 2018

My Source of Well-being

God, You must tire of my constant moaning about my overeating and lack of weight loss. Yet here I am, a month later; another pound heavier. How can that be? I’ve begun water aerobics regularly. I’ve been walking on the treadmill. I thought the exercise element was what I was lacking.

I also thought I deserved that delicious pint of YO 2 coffee-flavored frozen yogurt.

I have a thinking problem. I justify in my mind the overeating. “I exercised. I skipped breakfast. It’s yogurt, how bad can it be?!”

In this instance I read the label closer and found that the pint was actually four servings of 220 calories each. That is 880 calories for the pint. I ate it anyway.

I say to the Lord, “You are the Lord, my only source of well-being”,” (Psalm16:2 NET). “I have no good apart from you…”  (Psalm 16:2 ESV). Amen.

It is a new month, a new day. I might as well start fresh, again. What I need is a forever good-for-you healthy diet where I eat what my body needs to live and be strong. Lord, I can’t do it without you.

Will you join me in trying again to lose the extra pounds? Beginning with smaller portions of a healthy diet and keeping the exercise. Hold me accountable next month and I will do the same for you. Let’s do this. Together.

You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore,” (Psalm 16:11 ESV).


Gloria D. Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment