Monday, February 19, 2018

Self-Control



Self-Control

            “Be careful of what you pray for.”  How many times have you heard that, or maybe said it yourself?
            Well, I’ve been asking God to remove pride from within me.  Guess what?  He’s been answering my prayers.  No surprise, right?
            First of all, when I went to the car wash (the kind the car passes through on some kind of “magic belt”) last Thursday, had it not been for staff, I would have run into the pick up in line in front of me.  Because my windows were fogged over, I couldn’t read the instructions, and I hadn’t put my car in neutral.
            Then, also last Thursday, I totally forgot to post to Sharing Glory, and Gloria had to remind me of my omission.  Please forgive me, Readers.
            Being humbled can be a shameful place—if I allow it to be.  Or I can allow God to teach me that “in my weakness, He is strong” (2 Cor. 12:9).
            How easily I can forget that in my eating.  Self-control is not a strength I can just will within myself, but if I allow the Holy Spirit to guide my life, self-control is a fruit of the Spirit (Gal. 5:22-23).  God can be my strength in my food weakness.
            Be careful of what we pray for?  I don’t think so.  God knows what we need.

No comments:

Post a Comment