Thursday, March 1, 2018

Claim God’s Power as Your Own

Sharon’s last blog was “Self-Control”. God led me to 2 Timothy 1:7 during another Bible study this month so I’m going to follow God’s pathway and Sharon’s lead because it must be the direction I need to go.

I am empowered when I read this scripture in 2 Timothy. And I know I really need to be empowered. I’m going to post this verse in noticeable spots around the house so I can be reminded and remember the promise God gives me and you!

For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love, and of self-discipline,” (2 Timothy 1:7 NIV).

Positive self-talk and reminder notes of encouragement really help me keep my focus on God and what He can do in my life. This weight-loss/healthy-diet/healthy-body challenge that we share feels like a mountain climb at times. That’s how this blog was established. Sharon and I hoped that God could use us to help others who struggle, too.

Try writing this scripture and posting it somewhere and let it speak to you in the weeks ahead. And claim God’s spirit of power, of love, and of self-discipline as your very own.


Gloria D. Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment