Thursday, January 2, 2020

A New Year, A New Plan

How many times have you set a New Year’s resolution to lose weight or to exercise or both? Probably not as many times as I have! The New Year always seems like a good time to start something fresh, or make changes for the better in my life. However, it is the sticking with it that is tough.

Rather than resolving to lose those last 10 pounds, I think it is better to focus on taking good care of the body God has given me. I want to be healthy so I am able to do as much as I can with the body I have.  

It doesn’t feel good to sit around like a lump, not having energy to get up and walk across the room. God wants more of me than that! He has jobs for me to do, even though I’m retired. God wants me to minister to others, touch them with kindness or a note of encouragement.

It is a New Year and we have a new calendar in front of us. Let’s see if we can fill it with things that bring others joy. For when we do good to others we may just find we end up receiving rewards of our own. 

Rejoice and be glad because great is your reward in heaven,” (Matthew 5:12 NIV).

Gloria D. Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment