Thursday, May 7, 2020

Choices

I have a stash of treats hidden in my pantry. I sit here thinking about them, trying to resist the temptation. Then, I consider throwing them away. But I spent money on them and I don’t want to be wasteful. I don’t want to throw them away because I want to eat them!

Yummy, mini cupcakes, frosted and cream-filled, await me. If they are in the house I will eat them. Maybe my family will eat them. I could give them away. But I don’t want to share. 

The key is not to purchase them to begin with. But now it is too late. It is a struggle.  It is a battle of wrong vs. right, of good over evil, of healthy vs. junk food. Who will win out?

Why eat them? They are delicious. They immediately satisfy my sweet tooth (temporarily).

Why resist the temptation? It will help me in my weight loss journey. It will help me be healthy. It will help me feel good about myself and not feel guilty for eating them.

Life is filled with choices. One choice after another; some good, some bad. There will be days when I am good and days when I am not. All I can do is try.

So far the treats remain undisturbed in the pantry.

Wisdom is proved right by her actions,” (Matthew 11:19d NIV).

By Gloria D. Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment