Thursday, June 4, 2020

Satisfy my Soul

Last time Sharon talked about “Shelter in the Storm” and how many of us reach for food to comfort us in stressful situations as COVID-19. I have to admit I am one of those who has the 10 lb. gain to prove I’ve been through the pandemic.

My problem has been cooking for family. I love to bake and please my family with their favorite foods and then enjoy the goodies with them. That’s the problem. Mostly I’ve made sweets, but I’ve also made comfort food like Tater Tot casserole and meatloaf. I’ve been seeking comfort in all the wrong places.

After my confession I must share that it is time to work on repairing the damage I’ve done. My husband and I walk an hour every day and I’ve started serving salads for lunch with a less bountiful dinner in the evening.

Sharon was right to direct us to scripture for true comfort.

“I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name I will lift up my hands. My soul will be satisfied as with the richest of foods; with singing lips my mouth will praise you,” (Psalm 63:4, 5 NIV).

“My soul will be satisfied as with the richest of foods.” Perhaps I can read and reread this scripture and let it sink in to my depths so I can be changed in my mind and in my eating patterns. 

Help me, God, to eat in moderation and be satisfied.
Gloria D. Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment