Thursday, June 18, 2020

Presence


Presence           

I need to realize, know, accept, and allow God’s to be the center of my life.  I need to realize, know, accept and rejoice in God’s love for me (Rom. 8:38-39).
            When I am lonely, wanting the companionship of another, God is present and loving me.
            When I am angry that my neighbor’s dog barks and barks and barks, God is present and loving me, my neighbor, and her dog.
            When I am afraid because I’ve misplaced my credit card, God is present, loving and guiding me.
            God never leaves me.  The Creator is always with me, within me (Gal. 2:20).
            The comprehension/understanding of this truth is difficult, for I consist of flesh, blood and bones.  I exist in a world of rational, thinking humans, and it’s hard to understand a Spirit without flesh, blood and bones, who is constantly present, who I can’t see or hear, who loves me, and cares for me.  I doubt I ever will fully understand.  It is a mystery to accept--the Lover of my Soul is always present.
            And in those times of loneliness, anger, fear sorrow. . ., this Lover is the One who can comfort and calm me.  Food cannot do that.
            So may I “Be still and know (Pslm. 46:10)” that God is present—always.


                                                                                                                                    Sharon Witty
                                                                                                                                    June 18,2020
           

No comments:

Post a Comment