Thursday, January 21, 2021

Fear

 

Fear

 

Don’t be afraid, for I am with you.  Do not be dismayed, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you.  I will help you.  I will uphold you with my victorious hand  (Isaiah 41:10 Life Application).

 

            Last week during morning prayer time, I came across this verse.  Reflecting on it, I realized how much I relate to it.

       Often I fear food--I fear accepting an invitation to any gathering that involves food; I fear and crave, at  the same, a buffet line; I fear what others think of my appearance; I fear becoming hungry and not being able to eat for a time; I fear food--period

            As I continued to reflect, I recalled this verse: “God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline” (2Timothy 1:7 Life Application).

            Once again, the Spirit moved in my spirit, reminding me of Real Truth.  Food is not my enemy.  Food is one of God’s gifts, given to me to provide nourishment my body needs for good health.

            That gift is accompanied by the gifts of power and self-discipline.  God has given me the power and discipline to eat when it is time to eat, to eat what my body needs at that particular time, and to eat only what my body needs.  Sometimes I think I make this food thing way too difficult.

            The Wise One has it all figured out.  Because God loves me, the Creator has given me all that I need to have a healthy body, using the gifts available to me.

 

                                                                                                                                    Sharon Witty

 

P.S.  God has also given me the self-discipline to shop the outer aisles of the grocery store and avoid the snack aisles 😊.

 

P.P.S Next time, let’s discuss not being dismayed, or discouraged.

No comments:

Post a Comment