Thursday, March 4, 2021

Live a Good Life

There are days when I cannot stop eating. I munch my way around the kitchen, through the refrigerator and back to the pantry. It makes for a bad day. But, the next day I can change what I do and it can be a better day.

I’m a big fan of giant panda bears. I love when they show clips of them playing with a snowman or sliding down a hill on the snow. I recently read that giant pandas must eat 20 to 40 pounds of bamboo each day. That consumes around 14 hours of their day!

 

I’m not a giant panda so I should not eat like one! When I start on a binge-eating-day maybe I can be reminded of the giant panda and choose to chew on some bamboo or moderate my munching.

 

God created us all different and our appetites fluctuate for many reasons. But, we can choose to live a good life – one bite at a time.

 

What do you think God expects of you? Just this: Live in his presence in holy reverence, follow the road he sets out for you, obey the commandments and regulations of God that I’m commanding you today – live a good life,” (Deuteronomy 10:12-13 MSG).

 

Gloria D. Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment