Thursday, May 6, 2021

An Occasional Reward

Almost four years ago Sharon and I decided to write this blog to help others who share the same struggle with overeating. We hoped to be a friend who understands and relates to the same challenges and share some things that help us. 

Weight issues and eating challenges can weigh a person down. We have good days and bad days and can be pretty hard on ourselves when those bad days happen. There are lots of temptations out there and everyone has their own weakness. Mine is ice cream. Yours might be potato chips or chocolate or a soda. 

 

One thing I’ve learned is that it is okay to allow yourself to have a treat now and then or the object of desire can grow out of hand and out of control. I allow myself an Ev’s ice cream cone when I go to Marshalltown. I’m not there very often so I can’t overindulge. Or we could say once a month we will have a celebration day in honor of the good days we’ve had. 

 

Let us give thanks to the Lord for his unfailing love and his wonderful deeds for men, for he satisfies the thirsty and fills the hungry with good things,” (Psalm 107:8-9 NIV).

 

No matter how our week goes, we can always give thanks to God for His constant love. He satisfies our deepest needs with the best we could ask for.  Thank you, God.

 

Gloria D. Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment