Wednesday, August 9, 2017

It's All About Surrender



It’s All About Surrender

I weighed myself this morning, and for the first time in weeks I was pleased with the number I saw. Unfortunately, the chances of that number going down again tomorrow or the next day are very unlikely according to my track record this summer. I have been short on will power and long on desire to eat.

I don’t want to give up all those yummy treats of summer. Especially ice cream. I enjoy indulging in the cravings for awful-for-you processed foods filled with sugar and more sugar. Instead, I try to walk off the overindulgence and repeat it again tomorrow. I make no progress on being healthy or losing weight.

But, today is a new day and I can make the right choices. But, I am so weak. (Aha moment!) That is a good thing! Remember?

But he said to me, ”My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong,” (2 Corinthians 12:9-10 NIV).

So today, I will again, surrender my weaknesses to Jesus Christ and allow His strength and power to take over my will. I may try and fail and surrender again and receive God’s mightiness to succeed for a while, and then continue this vicious cycle of surrendering. But, I have hope in Jesus.

Remember this one thing: At the end of the day, God still loves us whether we succeed or fail, surrender to Him or boldly follow our inner will, lose weight or gain it. Just keep lifting your eyes to Him, Whose power may rest on you.

Gloria, August 10, 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment