Thursday, September 3, 2020

Strength and Refreshing

September brings the beginning of the fall fruits. Some apples and grapes will be ready, others in October. I remember my mother pampering her Concord grapes in September. She worked hard to protect them from the birds and other varmints that would steal her fruit. 

I still think of apples and raisins as good-for-you foods, even though raisins are high in calories and carbs. It’s true raisins aren’t as healthy as their fresh version of grapes.

 

Fresh apples are a healthy fruit for snacking, rich in fiber. Unfortunately, I dream of all the wonderful desserts that can be made with apples: pies, crisps, cobbler and more. They aren’t so good for me, but they sure make me smile.

 

Enjoy the harvest bounty but be careful with the baked goods; I’ll try to stick to the fresh fruits full of flavor.

 

Strengthen me with raisins

Refresh me with apples,” (Song of Songs 2:5 NIV).

 

By Gloria D. Stewart

 

No comments:

Post a Comment